Tuesday, May 11, 2010


In the event of cyber warfare on the attack on Estonia I have learned that no one is safe from hackers. After the attack on Estonia the European Union and NATO came together to find out whom exactly committed these crimes of hacking into the banks and media outlets. They found pretty much close to nothing, but what they did realize was the how the “on-line Terrorism” worked. They consider it efficient; there is no “collateral damage”. Online warfare they can specifically pin point a certain website they wish to hack into.
Also I have learned why catching these hackers are so difficult. The IP addresses that they use are changed, so when someone is trying to track down the hacker, they could be tracking someone down in a complete different country that they’re even in. This is what makes catching these hacker almost impossible.
In another case, Georgia accused Russia of brining about cyber warfare. Georgia accused Russia for attacking official sites such as the Georgian Ministry of Defense. It could not be brought up for an entire weekend leaving Georgia vulnerable.
This is important to my private life because there is some of my personal information on the internet that I don’t want to be violated by some hacker. The last thing I need is for someone to find out my social security number and the next thing I know I am a victim of identity fraud. We as Americans need to take further steps in preventing such thing, and the first step by doing this is being aware of the dark side of the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment